top of page
caravan roadyworthy inspection and safety certificates

Caravan Safety Certificate / Roadworthy

Price starting at $45.00 in workshop
Mobile Price $99.00

Caravan Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy

Are you ready to drive off into the sunset with your new caravan or have you just returned and ready to sell, A1Roadworthys can help why create more stress for yourself.

Are you buying a caravan to drive off to your new adventure, are you selling your caravan due to updating or finished all your travelling. Are you in need of a Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy? Then the team at A1Roadworthys can help you out and we come to you. All our Safety Inspectors are qualified and accredited to inspect your caravan and issue you a safety Inspection/ Roadworthy on the spot. It will take our inspector just under 40 minutes to make sure your caravan is safe for the journey ahead.

We Cover-

  • Caravans

  • Motor homes

Over 0.75 tonne up to 3.5 tonne

A Safety Inspection/ Roadworthy Covers-

  • Identification

  • Modification

  • Lights and Electrical Components

  • Suspension

  • Wheels and Tyre's

  • Body and Chassis

  • Brakes

  • Tow Couplings

If the vehicle complies with Queensland Transport and Code of Practice standards the Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy will be issued on the spot by the Inspector.

If your caravan has gas appliances, fittings or systems then you will require a gas certificate. This needs to be issued by an authorized gas installer. Please note we do not do gas Certificates.

Failed Inspection

If your caravan fails the Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy inspection do not stress. Queensland Transport allows you 14 days from the first inspection date to have the defects repaired. The inspector will give you the green fail slip of the Safety certificate/ Roadworthy as well as a list on what needs to be repaired. Once the repairs of the defects are completed call us and we will come and complete the second inspection, within the 14 day period. If the repairs are completed to the code of practice standard the Safety certificate will be issued.



It Passed

If you are selling your caravan the completed Safety Certificate blue card copy must be displayed in the draw bar or window if the caravan is registered at time of sale. If you are transferring registration from Queensland registration to a different name, you will need to complete a Transfer of Vehicle Registration Form. If the vehicle is unregistered or in another State registration, then you will need to complete a Vehicle Registration Form.

It is by law that if the caravan is registered and being sold, that the seller must supply a Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy. A Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy is valid for 2 months or 2000kms (whichever comes first) when selling a vehicle privately. If a dealer is selling a vehicle then the Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy is valid for 3 months or 1000kms (whichever comes first). If the vehicle is unregistered then the seller is not required to provide a Safety Certificate/ Roadworthy.

Selling or buying a caravan, frustrated and exhausted have no time want to have a piece of mind and save money. Call the team at A1Roadworthys on 1300 768 467 we will go that extra mile for you.

bottom of page